I am a native South Carolinian who has a deep-rooted connection to the military and veterans. My father, Abram Dicks Jr was a career Soldier who was part of the integration of the Services in 1950. This connection to duty, honor, and service is a driving force in my daily life. I strongly believe in service to others and my community. Examples of my desire to lead and serve include my membership and participation in the following community activities:
- Trustee Board Chairman – Rock Grove AMEZ Church
- Immediate Past Basileus of Kappa Alpha Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Vice-Chairman, Pennies for Progress Committee
- Life Member VFW Post 3746, Gray Cokrell, Rock Hill SC
- Sgt E-5 United States Army, Helicopter Weapons Systems, Fort Lewis WA, 1974-1977
Synopsis of Educational and Professional Experience:
- Associate of Science Civil Engineering Technology- Sumter Technical College
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Technology – South Carolina State University
- Master of Business Administration – Winthrop University
- Former City of Rock Hill Employee
- Bell South/A T& T Project Manager – Retired
- Business Professional CK Dicks, General Contractor
Simply put, I am running for SC House of Representatives District 46 because I believe I can help. In every position or job, I have ever had, from Boy Scout to Troop Leader, Private to Sergeant, from Newspaper boy to AT&T Manager, and from child to father, I have given my best effort. That is a carryover from an Oath I took as a child that stays with me in life.
Thank you for considering me as your choice for South Carolina State Representative, District 46.
I am the Change you can Trust!